Do you have what it takes to own and operate your own retail store? Anyone considering starting a business will probably answer 'yes' to that question. Before starting your business, take a moment to seriously consider your strengths, weaknesses and the qualities any good retailer should possess.
- Types of Retail Ownership
- Is Retail Ownership Right For You?
- 4 Reasons People Don't Start a Business
- 9 Myths of Retailing
- 10 Steps to Starting a Retail Business
- Pros & Cons of Starting a Retail Business
- Quiz: Starting a Retail Business
- Poll: Why Do You Want To Start a Business?
The best foundation for any retail start up is a solid business plan. Learn how to write a business plan for your retail store, find out why writing a business plan is necessary, purchase business plan software and locate free sample retail business plans.
Location, Location, Location
Choosing a location for your retail business. What are your retail location options? View types of retail locations, learn how to negotiate a lease, dealing with landlords, buy versus lease and other location issues.
Retail Space and Facility Management
Advice for retail store design, layout, choosing store fixtures and other resources for managing a brick and mortar retail facility.